We live in one of the most beautiful parts of the country and when the sun is out Devon is hard to beat. If we ask ourselves the question; ‘Are we happy?’ Sometimes we are not sure of the answer.
Over recent years, both governments and television have become interested in rating how ‘happy’ we are. In 2005, the series ‘Make Slough Happy’, came up with a ten point plan to make people feel more positive and it goes as follows:
1) Get physical – 30 minutes exercise 3 times week
2) Count your blessings – At the end of each day think of 2 things you are grateful for
3) Time for a talk – have an uninterrupted chat with a friend or partner each week
4) Plant something – even a pot plant will do. Just keep it alive!
5) Cut down on television viewing
6) Smile at a stranger once a day
7) Phone a friend – make contact with someone you haven’t seen for a while
8) Try and have a good laugh once a day
9) Give yourself a treat
10) Show some kindness – do a good turn for someone when you can
Hypnotherapy can help you to develop a positive image of how you would like your life to be. We tend to be good at listing everything that is wrong in life. It’s my job to get you to describe what life is like or going to be like when you feel happy. Using solution-focused techniques, I’ll encourage you to describe specifically what you will be doing and exactly how you are going to enjoy yourself. Sometimes this can be difficult at first, but it becomes easier session by session and the hypnotherapy itself can help shift your perspective of yourself into a more positive gear.
So when you next look out of the window at the beautiful city of Exeter, without hesitation you can identify your own list of why ‘YOU FEEL HAPPY’.